Predict crop yield based on crop, country, and weather conditions. Data taken from here
- FID: country codes used in extraction scripts for matching crop area maps, crop calendars, and climate data to countries
- Crop: maize, rice, wheat, soy, barley, or sorghum
Country: Country name
- FAO_code: Country code used by FAO
precCRU, tMinCRU, tMaxCRU, tAvgCRU: total growing season precipitation, average growing season temperature, average minimum and maxmimum daily growing season temperature from the CRU TS 2.1 historical climate dataset. Data spans years from 1961--2002.
- precUDel, tAvgUDel: total growing season precipitation, average growing season temperature, average minimum and maximum daily growing season temperature from the University of Delaware set. These data span from 1961--2008.
Yield: Yield (hg/ha) of a given crop. Here, this is just Production/Area.
- Production: Quantity (tonnes) of a given crop produced in a country over the course of a year. Data from FAO.
Area: Area (ha) planted for a given crop in a country during the course of a year.
Region: We use "region" here to mean a country's yield quartile for a given crop, relative to other countries.